The UAMS College of Medicine Alumni Association serves all alumni and former house officers.
Our Association is Built on These Core Values
- We provide prompt, accurate and friendly service to our alumni.
- Integrity is non-negotiable.
- We are inclusive because we serve everyone.
- We seek partnership with the COM and its departments.
- We strive for excellence in all that we do.
Programs and Services Supported by Your Medical Alumni Association
- Provide over $300,000 in scholarships and program support through endowments and the general scholarship fund
- Provide breakfast at College of Medicine Family Weekend
- Coordinate College of Medicine Phonathon
- Class funds provide support for:
- Medical Ethics and Medical Humanities (Classes of 1944 May & December)
- White Coat Ceremony (Class of 1951)
- Student Research Day (Class of 1955)
- Gross Anatomy Lab (Class of 1960)
- Clinical Skills Center (Classes of 1966 & 1967)
- Emergency Funds for Students in Crisis (Classes of 1972 and 2011)
- Annually host Alumni Weekend for about 1,000 alumni
- Make available class rosters online
- Send bi-annual newsletter to all members
- Present Dean's Distinguished Alumnus Award
- Present Dean's Distinguished Alumni Service Award
- Respond daily to individual requests by letter or telephone
- Work with alumni class agents and families to secure more scholarship funding
- Manage the Founders Society
- Recognize and thank donors annually